New Players' Guide / In Game FAQ

• aqua do you always have this many questions dang man :P
    good guide enjoyed immensly

Too Often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. But, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch slap that motherfucker upside the head.

:) pass it on !

• I'm adding two questions that I see fairly often:

Warehouses -
    You're given one of each warehouse at the beginning. No additional purchase is necessary. When you've played awhile, you might find that you're producing enough that you need more storage space. That's when you'd want to buy or rent more. Renting might make sense when you only need it for a short time, but buying one is far more cost-effective for the long haul. Buying a warehouse takes up one (invisible) space on your map - you won't see an additional building appear, but it still increases the number of buildings you own.

The difference between RL and QL -

RL (Research Level) gives you new choices in products and buildings. Raising your RL is a one-time cost.

QL (Quality Level) is different - you research the QL level on a particular product or material. Better quality allows you to sell it at a higher price. To raise QL on an item, you must first have a "Research Building" (under Build / Other), which takes up one map space, and also costs a hefty monthly fee even while in standstill. Some items cannot be researched until you have upgraded the research building to a certain level. Each upgrade level results in an increased monthly fee from then on.

Additional note about QL - (*** See below posts for corrections on this paragraph! ***) The QL of a finished (or semi-finished) item is an average of the QL of its required materials, up to the maximum of my product's QL. For instance, if I have researched cocoa to QL 10, but I am using cocoa beans and milk at QL 0, then my resulting cocoa will be at QL 0 because of the inferior materials used. So either I must research cocoa and all its materials to QL 10, or I'll need to buy my materials at that QL from someone else.

• Correction:
    Your Cacao is made of 1 bean and one milk.

you have to calculate: MIN(floor((((1 cacaobean (0) + 1 milk (0)+ researched ql of cacao 10) / numbers of summands));Researched Endproduct QL)

- short: (0+0+10)/3 = 3,333 . rounded to 3. 3 is smaller then researched ql, so your cacao will be ql 3 after all!

• Zitat

Originally posted by Kahla
    Additional note about QL - The QL of a finished (or semi-finished) item is an average of the QL of its required materials, up to the maximum of my product's QL. For instance, if I have researched cocoa to QL 10, but I am using cocoa beans and milk at QL 0, then my resulting cocoa will be at QL 0 because of the inferior materials used. So either I must research cocoa and all its materials to QL 10, or I'll need to buy my materials at that QL from someone else.

Further correction:

The QL of a finished (or semi-finished) item is an average of the QL of its required materials and itself, up to the maximum of the product's QL. For instance, if I have researched cocoa to QL 10, but I am using cocoa beans and milk at QL 0, then my resulting cocoa will be at QL 3 because of the inferior materials used (see Hal's calculation above).

D,D&D SP 8)
    Both normal round & speedround

"When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be disappointed to discover they are not it."
    --Bernard Bailey

• Thanks, dktc - that helps it make a bit more sense to those of us who are somewhat math-challenged. I added a line in that paragraph pointing to the correction posts.

• And add to that, when you click on the "build warehouse" button in raw goods warehouse page, you add a raw goods warehouse. If you click on it on the products warehouse page, you add a products warehouse. Of course, the export warehouse would increase as well in either case.

D,D&D SP 8)
    Both normal round & speedround

"When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be disappointed to discover they are not it."
    --Bernard Bailey

• HI there...

I have a quick newbie question.. I have in my Product Warehouse some products for my grocery shop - like milk, meat, and eggs - but the shop is never taking them for sale out from my Product Warehouse...
    ...every time I check, the products are still in the warehouse, but not in the shop, and because of this the shop has no sales...

I tried to ask in the IM chat, but noone can give me an answer so I was told to try here...

...so am I doing something wrong??... or it may be a bug??.... :?:

Thank you..

Greetings from Salt Lake City, Utah, US - home of the Winter Olympic Games 2002 and "The Greatest Snow On the Earth"

*** In game CEO of ITG Corp * Info Trade Group Corp ***

• I really don't know how to help, as I'm new also. But, the products are visible in your product warehouse, when you click the warehouse link on the side?

Also, when looking at your shop, the "Selling (Income)" column shows a bunch of "0 (0)"?

What are your selling prices set at? Perhaps too high?

• hey... I think I found the problem... and courtesy to a nice player - English speaker -from the IM that suggested me, I tried to lower my shop prices for those products, and there we go, now the shop is selling my products...

...now I didn't know that if the price is to high the shop will not sale that product.. it was not mentioned in the manual (or tutorial)... but now I know...

...I'm still not sure where is the limit?? I mean after what price the shop will not sell anymore... is it somehow linked with the market price for that product??

Thank you all for your fast response...

Greetings from Salt Lake City, Utah, US - home of the Winter Olympic Games 2002 and "The Greatest Snow On the Earth"

• There is a formula, but the easy way is, 150% the normal price at QL0. Going up 1% each QL, to 250% at 100... If I understand correctly.

Of course, this is assuming the product is undersupplied.

• Ah, I responded to this in your other thread. Ruse is right. Rule of thumb for QL 0 products is to multiply the norm price (which you can find by looking at the SUDE) by 1.5 - as long as it isn't already oversupplied, that should work, but if not, just lower it a little at a time until your products sell.

Once you start using products with over 0 QL, that changes a bit -

((QL/100)+1.5)*norm=selling price

As with QL 0 products, if it's oversupplied, you may need to lower your prices further in order to sell the maximum amount.

• ..again thank you guys for such a friendly response for a newbie like me...

...I didn't know about this formula, but I will start using it from now on....

...since I lowered my prices on my store, all works fine now...

..now I'm working on the glass production tech so I can soon sell juice and beer and wine... it's fun so far...

Thank you all

• You're very welcome, Ghiby. Don't hesitate to post if you come up with any more questions. Or you can always try asking on chat. There aren't always English-speaking people on the chat channel, but it never hurts to try. :thumbup:

• Hi everyone, I know it's been a while since anyone has posted on this forum but I have a question. Does the research Level (RL) stay after reset, I see that QL does but cant find anything about RL.

Thanks in advance.