Walkthrough/Tutorial

• Well, you know, your first round is most valuable just for the learning experience, as far as I'm concerned. The good thing is that if you make mistakes, even go bankrupt, it isn't as painful, since you aren't losing QL that you researched in previous rounds. So it's a clean start with no real drawbacks. Everybody has to learn from ground zero, and everybody screws up in the beginning. Just take it in stride, because you're learning things now that will be a huge boost to you next round. :D

• I read the tutorial and it didn't help me too much. So, I just figured I would keep messing with different industries until I found one that works. And, as they say, third time is a charm.

• I've tried various things to start a new round - bookstore, DIY, furniture... and those were fine, but anymore, I always begin with cafe. It's worked very well for me. Ice cream makes a nice profit. Even though its price doesn't seem all that impressive, stores sell a high volume of it, and it only requires a cattle farm and a food industry to make it, both of which are pretty cheap to build. And cocoa works to supplement that in the beginning - although it doesn't make as much money, it still only requires a cattle farm and a food industry along with purchases of cocoa beans from the harbor. That's just a thought in case you're considering different possibilities.

• Please keep this thread friendly. Education is just something intangible created by the society for social control, social class differentiation / maintaining status quo, and to make money. There is no point arguing over it. People with high level education are not necessarily smarter or better or more conscience.

D,D&D SP 8)
    Both normal round & speedround

"When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be disappointed to discover they are not it."
    --Bernard Bailey

• HI guys...

.. I think this is a great tutorial with step by step instructions on how and what to do...

..I wish I would have found it before I started... :love:

..now after I did a reset - and go bankrupt - still without knowing about this tutorial I just started with a grocery store/shop and few farms... (funny like in the tutorial) ...that's why I said it's a great tutorial for beginners...

...now I'm faced with a different issue, that I can quite figure out... not even after I've found and read this tutorial...

this is my problem: my shop is not taking the products from the Product Warehouse... I have there, in the Product Warehouse eggs, milk, and meat, every time I check, from my farms that are producing....but not in my shop...

...and yes, it is the Product Warehouse - like stated in this great tutorial and in the manual..

...the only way to survive a bit, and not to go bankrupt again was to sell on the market - from the Product Warehouse - 50% of my eggs, meat and milk per wu - so I can make some money...

...but still, even if I make sure I have still plenty of those in my Product Warehouse, still for some reason my shop will not take them from there to sell them...

...so am I doing something wrong?? if so, what???... or it may be a bug??...

thank you guys...

P.S. please stop the education issue... European, American, Australian, Asian, African, or what ever education you chose to follow - or try to - is as best as it can be, as long as you as a student try your best to learn what the system will present you...
    (if you want more details or want to debate more on world education systems, just PM me or email me - I may have some answers for you, as a world traveler involved in education as well)

Greetings from Salt Lake City, Utah, US - home of the Winter Olympic Games 2002 and "The Greatest Snow On the Earth"

*** In game CEO of ITG Corp * Info Trade Group Corp ***

• The only two things that I can think of would be if you somehow forgot to build a shop (my son did that once) or that maybe you set your prices too high.

Rule of thumb for prices is to multiply the norm price by 1.5 as long as you're selling QL 0 products.

• "Each shop has its individual shopping value. Shopping value is a value that represents the popularity and attractiveness of your shop. A larger variety of products being offered to your virtual customers increases their satisfaction with your shop. ...."

"Every new shop starts with a shopping value of 100 and a new value is calculated every month. This value can range from 25 (minimum) to 150 (maximum). A shopping value of 25 means that the shop is selling 25% of the products compared with a shop that has a value of 100. 150 means the shop sells 50% more goods in relation to a shop with a value of 100."

http://en.wiki.industrie-tycoo…ex.php?title=Manual#Shops